What we do with your personally identifiable information
It is always up to you whether to disclose personally identifiable information to us, although if you select not to do so, we reserve the right not to register you as a user or provide you with any products or services. “Personally identifiable information” means information that can be used to identify you as an individual, such as, for example:
- Your Name, Company, Email address, Phone Number, Billing Address, and Shipping Address
- Your User ID and Password
- Credit Card Information
- Any account-preference information you provide us.
- Session data for your login session, so that our computer can ‘talk’ to yours while you are logged in
- If you do provide personally identifiable information to us, either directly or through a reseller or other business partner, we will
- Not sell or rent it to a third party without your permission — although unless you opt out (see below), we may use your contact information to provide you with information we believe you need to know or may find useful, such as (for example) news about our services and products and modifications to the Terms of Service;
- Take commercially reasonable precautions to protect the information from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction;
- Not use or disclose the information except:
- As necessary to provide services or products you have ordered, such as (for example) by providing it to a carrier to deliver products you have ordered;
- In the aggregate with other information in such a way so that your identity cannot reasonably be determined (for example, statistical compilations);
- As required by law, for example, in response to a subpoena or search warrant;
- To outside auditors who have agreed to keep the information confidential;
- As necessary to enforce the Terms of Service;
- as necessary to protect the rights, safety, or property of email@example.com, its users, or others; this may include (for example) exchanging information with other organizations for fraud protection and/or risk reduction.
Other information we collect
We may collect other information that cannot be readily used to identify you, such as (for example) the domain name and IP address of your computer. We may use this information, individually or in the aggregate, for technical administration of our Web site(s); research and development; customer- and account administration; and to help us focus our marketing efforts more precisely.
Information Collected Automatically. Our website uses various tracking technologies that may include cookies, log file information, web beacons, location data, online analytics, and third-party ad serving companies (collectively, "Tracking Tools") to automatically collect information from you. We, along with our third-party service providers, use Tracking Tools for a variety of purposes, including enhancing your online experience and our product offerings. We treat information automatically collected as Non-Personal Information. Please see below for more information regarding the Tracking Tools that we may use.
Log File Information: Log file information may be automatically reported by your browser or mobile device each time you access the website. This Information may include your IP address, device and software characteristics (such as type and operating system), browser type, Internet service provider, URLs, referring/exit pages, click data, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed, and other such information.
Web Beacons: When you use the website, we and our third-party service providers may employ web beacons (also known as clear gifs or action tags) that are used to track your online usage patterns anonymously. Also, we may also use clear gifs in HTML-based emails sent to our users to track which emails are opened and which links are clicked by recipients. This information facilitates more accurate reporting and improvement of our Online Services.
Location Data: When you access the website via a mobile device, we and our third-party service providers may access, collect, monitor, and/or remotely store information regarding your mobile device, as well as real-time "location data," which may include GPS coordinates.
Online Analytics: We use third-party analytics tools to help us measure traffic and usage trends. These tools collect Information sent by your browser or mobile device, including the pages you visit and other Information, which assists us in improving our Online Services and offerings.
Third-Party Ad Serving Companies: We may use third-party advertising companies to serve ads after you visit our website. Such advertising companies also may separately use Tracking Tools, including cookies, in the course of delivering targeted advertisements to our Online Services.
Information We Receive From Third Parties
We may receive information about you from third parties. For example, if you access our website through a third-party connection or log-in (e.g., through Facebook), such third-party may pass certain information about your use of its service to us. We may also receive information about you from third parties such as our business partners and service providers. We may also obtain other information about you such as change of address, contact information, or demographic information from commercially or publicly available sources. Send to a Friend. We may give you the opportunity to tell your friends about product information and promotions. If you take advantage of our Send to a Friend option, we ask you for your friend's and your first names, last names and email addresses to send the information to them that you requested. Third Parties canagoldbeauty.com may hire others to perform certain business activities on our behalf. For example, we may retain data analysis firms, customer support specialists, web hosting companies, and companies that fill product orders or coordinate mailings. Such third parties may be provided with access to your personal information only to the extent needed to perform their functions. They may not use such information for any other purpose.
External data storage sites
We may store your data on servers provided by third party hosting vendors with whom we have contracted.
How We Use Your Information
The Company uses your Information, including Personal Information, for a variety of business purposes, including:
- providing our products to you;
- responding to your requests, comments or postings;
- providing support to our Consultants and Members;
- processing orders and payments;
- process returns, refunds and exchanges;
- processing and managing your accounts with us;
- communicating with you;
- improving and customizing our products, website, promotions, communications, and advertisements;
- customer service and technical support, which may include resolving issues or troubleshooting problems;
- for internal operations such as enhancing our product offerings, marketing efforts, and to conduct research and analysis;
- developing new products and promotions;
- for marketing purposes;
- to prevent fraud or potentially illegal activities;
- to comply with applicable laws, regulations, and legal process; and/or
- to protect the security and integrity of our business, brands, this website, our Consultants and Members, and third-party business partners and service providers. We may combine all the Information we collect or receive about you for any of the foregoing purposes.
Product Reviews/share This
Any Information that you post (1) to or through this website or any social media presence relating to our business, such as a product review, testimonial, or comment, (2) to social media platforms such as Facebook, or (3) using a "share this" feature will be seen, collected, and used by anyone who has access thereto, including, without limitation, your user/screen name. You are responsible for all actions resulting from any Information, including Personal Information, which you post via our website or social media platform.
We provide you with the opportunity to update and/or delete certain Personal Information and to opt-out of having your Personal Information used or disclosed for certain purposes. For example, you may,
- correct or update your Personal Information;
- change your preferences for certain communications (e.g., catalogues, product offers and volume of emails to receive);
- request that we do not share your Personal Information with third parties for their marketing purposes; and/or
- request access to your Personal Information.
You may exercise your choices at the time of your account registration or product order, via your online account, following the instructions provided in communications sent to you. Please be aware that if you do not allow us to collect and use your Personal Information, we may not be able to deliver certain products, promotions, and offerings to you.
Links, Third-party Websites, And Social Media Platforms
Our Online Services and communications may contain links to other websites and social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, or Pinterest ("Linked Sites"). We are not responsible for the privacy practices, policies, or content of any Linked Sites, even if you link to them from our website or communications. This Privacy Notice does not apply to any Linked Sites. We have no control over the collection or use of Information, including Personal Information, on any Linked Sites. We encourage you to read and understand the privacy practices of any Linked Sites that you visit.
Users From Outside The United States
California Resident's Privacy Rights
Residents of the State of California may request a list of all third parties to which we have disclosed certain personal information (as defined by California law) during the preceding year for those third parties' direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident and want such a list, please contact us via the Contact Us information provided below. For all requests, you must put the statement "Your California Privacy Rights" in the body of your request, as well as your name, street address, city, state, and zip code. In the body of your request, please provide enough information for us to determine if this applies to you. You need to attest to the fact that you are a California resident and provide a current California address for our response. Please note that we will not accept requests via the telephone, and we are not responsible for notices that are not labeled or sent properly, or that do not have complete information. This website is not intended for use by people under 18. We do not knowingly collect personal information from any people under 18.
As we continue to develop our business, we might sell all or certain of our assets. In such transactions, personal user information may be one of the transferred business assets. By submitting your personal information on canagoldbeauty.com you agree that your data may be transferred to such parties in these circumstances.