Seaweed is acclaimed as the super food and has long been an essential part of the Japanese diet; this marine plant-like alga has also been present in this culture’s skin care products for decades because of its great benefits and the wonders it does for the skin.
How it works
It is important to mention that seaweed cells are strikingly similar to skin cells; this allows seaweed extract to protect, and maintain your skin’s natural balance. Rich in antioxidants, and your skin’s favorite vitamins and minerals, seaweed is considered a powerful anti-aging ingredient that regenerates and protects your skin.
What does it do?
These are some of the reasons to love seaweed extract as the star ingredient in your skin care products:
- Has anti-inflammatory ingredients that help reduce skin inflammation caused by acne
- Rich in B vitamins, it helps to heal skin conditions like rosacea
- Rich in vitamin C, it promotes collagen production which helps tighten the skin and keep it youthful
- Helps to boost hydration
- Speeds up the skin’s natural repair process
- Contains high quantities of calcium, magnesium, and fluorine that help you obtain a radiant complexion
- This alga contains vitamins, minerals, enzymes, and amino acids that are potent antioxidants -each of which helps promote tissue regeneration and creates skin elasticity.
Seaweed extract is not just the newer trend in the beauty industry; it’s a must-have ingredient in skin care products with anti-aging properties, and it’s here to stay. When you use seaweed extract topically, it helps to soothe, soften and defend your skin against irritation, and promote a more youthful-looking appearance.
Cana Gold’s 24k Gold Day Cream: 24k luxury Italian Gold (gold flakes), sodium hyaluronate, green tea extract, coco extract, seaweed extract, and DMAE.